Clothianidin uses in agriculture
- MOQ：1 ton
- Support samples
Basic introduction to clothianidin
It is an organic compound with the molecular formula C6H8ClN5O2S.
Clothianidin is a kind of pesticide in the neonicotinoids. It is a new type of pesticide that is efficient, safe and highly selective.
It acts similarly to nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. It has contact, stomach poisoning and systemic activity.
It is mainly used as an insecticide on rice, vegetables, fruit trees and other crops to control aphids, leafhoppers, thrips, planthoppers and other hemiptera, coleoptera, diptera and certain lepidopteran pests.
It has the advantages of high efficiency, broad spectrum, low dosage, low toxicity, long-lasting effect, no harm to crops, safe use, no cross-resistance with conventional pesticides, and excellent systemic and penetration effects.
Clothianidin is another alternative to highly toxic organophosphorus pesticides. Its structure is novel and special, and its performance is better than traditional nicotine pesticides. It may become a large-scale pesticide variety worldwide.
The difference between clothianidin and thiamethoxam
1. Both are neonicotinoid pesticides. The principle of insecticide is to paralyze the nervous system of pests to kill pests.
2. The prevention and control types of thiamethoxam and it overlap and their usage is the same.
3. But clothianidin is decomposed from thiamethoxam. It is the precursor substance of thiamethoxam. Therefore, it is slightly more expensive than thiamethoxam.
4. It has a fast insecticidal effect, about 1-2 hours. Dead insects can usually be seen 4-5 hours after Thiamethoxam is sprayed.
5. For crustacean pests, clothianidin is more effective.