Many people think that mite is red spider, but this idea is one-sided. There are three kinds of mites: red spider, Tetranychus urticae and tea yellow mite. Tetranychus urticaes are also called white spider. There are many generations of mites every year and many times of using pesticides, so it is very easy to produce drug resistance, which leads to the decline of acaricide effect. Therefore, it is necessary to combine the advantages and disadvantages of different acaricides in pesticide production. Today, I will analyze the advantages and disadvantages of these six pesticides, to help you decide when to use which pesticide.
For eggs, young mites, nymphs:
- Spirodiclofen: It is a new and efficient acaricide with contact killing effect and no internal absorption. It mainly inhibits the fat synthesis of mites, blocks the energy metabolism of mites, and has good killing effect on eggs, young mites and nymphs of harmful mites, but has no effect on adult mites, but has the effect of inhibiting the hatching rate of female mites. With the frequent use of pesticides in recent years, it has produced greater resistance, which can be used with fast-acting pesticides such as Abamectin and Pyridaben.
- Etoxazole: It can inhibit the embryo formation of mite eggs and the molting process from young mite to adult mite. It is effective for eggs and young mites, but not for adult mites, but it has good sterility for female adult mites. Therefore, the best control time is the initial stage of the mite damage. It has strong rain resistance and can last for 50 days. It should be used in conjunction with the one that kills adult mites. It is better to use it in the early stage of egg hatching. It is one of the mainstream acaricides because of its long duration.
For nymphs and adult mites：
- Propargite: It is an organic sulfur acaricide with contact and stomach toxicity, no absorption and osmotic conduction, effective on adult mites and nymphs. Above 20 ℃, the pesticides effect can be improved, but below 20 ℃, it decreases with low temperature. Pay special attention not to increase the concentration arbitrarily. Propargite is one of the varieties with relatively stable efficacy in the current acaricides that are not prone to resistance.
- Abamectin: The high content preparation has a good control effect on red spider, interferes with the normal neurophysiological activities of mites, makes the adult mites and nymphs paralyzed, inactive, stop feeding, and die 2-3 days later. It has stomach poison and contact killing effect on mites, and has weak fumigation effect, no imbibition, but have strong penetration effect on leaves, long duration, but can not kill eggs.
For the whole growth stage from egg to adult：
- Pyridabenis a broad-spectrum, contact-killing acaricide, which can be used to control a variety of plant-eatings harmful mites. It has a good effect on the whole growth period of mites about eggs, young mites, nymphs and adults, and it also has an obvious quick killing effect on the adult mites in the moving period. The pesticide is not affected by temperature changes and can achieve satisfactory results no matter what season it is used.
- Bifenazate: It is a new selective leaf sprayed acaric agent, which is effective for every life stage of mites. The mites stopped eating, moving and ovipositing soon after contacting the insecticides, and died within 48-72 hours. It is beneficial to bee, predatory mite and other biological safety. It is safe for crops under the registered dose.
Mite control agents are basically compounded. And the prevention and control of mites lie in comprehensive management, prevention in advance, and reducing the number of mite eggs. Recommend use: Bifenazate 24% + Abamectin 2% SC, Abamectin 5% + Etoxazole 20% SC, which combines the effect of killing eggs and adults, and can achieve good results for killing mites.
There are three suggestions to improve the control effect：
- Remember to make a second dilution when spraying pesticides. It can be used together with other agents for the prevention of egg killing and tea yellow mites, but to use it separately when controlling red spiders and two-spotted spider mites. However, it is recommended to using it alone when controlling red spider mites and Tetranychus urticae. Spray separately when the temperature is higher than 30℃, the focus is on the back of the leaf.
- Must match the penetrant, such as orange peel essential oil, silicone, etc., increase the penetration ability and adhesion of the agent, the control effect will be greatly increased.
- When spraying, select the fine nozzle, increase the water consumption per hectare, evenly wet through, and the nozzle is inclined upward for 45° and spray on both sides and cover evenly.
Tips: red spider is easy to develop resistance, so pesticide should be used frequently to avoid resistance.